TABLE OF CONTENTS
- ARTS and CRAFTS
- Beauty and Fashion
- Blog Awards
- Fellow Bloggers
- Giveaway/ Promo/ Contest
- Health and Wellness
- Jobs for YOU
- Live Shows/ Theater/ Events
- Love and Marriage
- Miscellaneous Musings
- Movies/ Music/ Entertainment
- Pets and Animals
- Proudly Filipino
- Tastebud Delight (FOOD and MORE)
Saturday, April 13, 2013
Please set aside nasty judgement. For me to "discover" this only recently simply means I must have lived in a cave for so long. LOL
So what's my great discovery? Well, I found out that DOTS are negligible in GMAIL addresses!
To further illustrate, I'm going to use this fictitious email address: email@example.com.
Now, if I omit the dot in between "sample" and "email" then send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, it will still be successfully sent to the original address. Likewise, if I add more dots as shown below, the message will be sent nonetheless!
What's the significance of this in my life then? Well, I use gmail for business communication (this is different from my personal address as seen in this blog's Contact Me page) and I often worry that people would overlook the dot placed in between my first name and surname. As a consequence then, I would miss important messages. But now I am assured that it's far from happening, unless of course, what's removed is the dot between "gmail" and "com".:)
Years ago, I was able to send an email to Donald, my Hubby, even if I accidentally erased a dot from his original address. I didn't really ponder on what happened until just a few days back. I tried sending an email to myself using my business address, without the dot, and there went the message straight to my inbox.
For those who have known this since birth, you are free to ignore this post (and secretly laugh at me) but allow me to share this piece of information to anybody out there who has lived in a cave with me for so long.:D
And yeah, I did my research too after and found this LINK helpful.
End of sharing. LOL!
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
IT / Technical Requirements
1. IT Manager (food retail) – location: Taguig; extensive IT management experience, specializing in POS and system / network management; extensive project management experience; must have very good English communication skills; not more than 45 years old; must come from Retail industry (involving POS)
2. Project Manager – location: Makati City, Alabang; junior-level needed with experience in the BPO industry, willing to work night-shift (Alabang); senior-level needed with experience in the banking and finance industries, willing to work day-shift (Makati)
3. Enterprise Network Architect – location: Makati; at least 8 years experience in Enterprise Network Architecting (routers, network, firewall), extensive experience in Information Security
4. Business Analysts (Junior and Senior) – location: Makati; must have 2 to 8 years of experience as Business Analyst working with SAP systems; 1 junior post and 1 senior post need to be filled; candidates for the Senior Business Analyst must have handled finance-related projects
6. .Net Developers – location: Pasig and Makati; at least 3 to 6 years in software development using ASP.Net (Makati), or combination of ASP.Net, C#.Net, and C++ for Windows application development (Pasig); willing to work day-shift
7. PHP Developers – location: Makati, Quezon City; at least 2 – 4 years experience in development using PHP; day shift
8. C/C# Developers – location: Pasig City, Makati City, Cebu City; at least 2 years experience using C/C#; exposure in at least 1 full SDLC; candidates with experience in Perl or VxWorks will be prioritized; day shift; supervisory experience is a huge advantage
9. Perl Developers – location: Makati City; at least 3 years experience using Perl (initially to be used as migration, maintenance and development; after which, a new technology will be used for the project); C# exposure is a big plus
10. Java Developers – location: Makati City, Alabang, or Cebu; must have 2 – 5 years prior experience in programming using Java; must be willing to work mid-shift (UK hours) for Alabang client; day shift for Makati and Cebu clients; successful Manila-based candidates will be given a relocation package (for Cebu client); candidates with experience in data mapping will be prioritized (for Alabang)
11. Firmware Developers – location: Cebu; at least 2 years working experience in firmware development (using C++); exposure to at least 1 full SDLC; successful Manila-based candidates will be given a relocation package
12. Junior SQL Administrator – location: Pasig City (Ortigas); at least 1 year experience as SQL Administrator; willing to work night shift
13. SAP BASIS Operations Manager – location: Makati; must be a degree holder; must have at least 4 years experience handling a team of SAP Security professionals
14. SAP Administrator – location: Makati; with previous experience in SAP Administration of the following modules – BI/BW, or Basis
15. SAP Techno-Functional Consultants - location: Makati; at least 2 years working experience in any of the following modules: PP, CRM, SD, EWM; willing to work the morning shift
16. SEO Specialist – location: Taguig City; at least 2 years experience; sports enthusiasts have a huge advantage; with existing project portfolio
1. Senior Workforce Manager – location: Eastwood; must be a degree holder; must have at least 7 years experience as Workforce Manager; must have experience working with offsite Command Centers (teams)
2. Business Analyst – location: Alabang; must have 2 to 8 years experience in the BPO industry; works hand-in-hand with Business Development team during client acquisition
3. Mandarin-speaking CSRs / Sales Representatives – location: Alabang (CSR) / Eastwood (Sales); must be a degree holder; must high-level communication skills in both Mandarin and English; willing to work shifting schedules (mostly night / late shifts); foreign applicants will be entertained, but cost for application of working visa and other documents must be shouldered by applicant
4. Cantonese-speaking Sales Representatives – location: Quezon City (Eastwood); must be a degree holder; must high-level communication skills in both Mandarin and English; willing to work shifting schedules (mostly night / late shifts); foreign applicants will be entertained, but cost for application of working visa and other documents must be shouldered by applicant
5. Portuguese-speaking CSRs – location: Alabang; must be a degree holder; must high-level communication skills in both Portuguese and English; willing to work shifting schedules (mostly night / late shifts); foreign applicants will be entertained, but cost for application of working visa and other documents must be shouldered by applicant
6. Inbound Sales Representatives – location: Makati; degree not required (undergrads accepted); prior BPO experience required; willing to work the night shift
7. Customer Service Representatives – location: Taguig; degree not required (undergrads accepted); willing to work the night shift
8. Collections Representatives – location: Pasig; degree not required (undergrads accepted); prior BPO experience required; willing to work the night shift
Food / Restaurant Requirements
1. General Manager – location: Taguig; must come from mid to high-tier Restaurant / Fast Food industry; extensive background in Restaurant Operations; Restaurant chain handled must be more than 70 stores nationwide, including franchisees; already a General Manager of a known restaurant chain for at least 5 years; must have excellent English communication skills; must not be more than 55 years old
2. Research and Development Manager – location: Taguig; must come from Restaurant / Fast Food industry; extensive background in Restaurant Research and Development (product conceptualization and development, costing, preparation, etc.); already in R&D Managerial capacity for at least 1 year; not more than 45 years old
3. Marketing Manager – location: Taguig; must come from Restaurant / Fast Food industry (not Food Manufacturing / Commissary);extensive background in Strategic Marketing (research, product launches, traditional and new media marketing management, etc.); already in Managerial capacity for at least 3 years; not more than 45 years old
4. Supply Chain Director – location: Taguig; must come from Restaurant / Fast Food industry (not Food Manufacturing / Commissary);extensive background in Strategic Supply Chain Management (logistics, warehousing, procurement, etc.); already in Senior Managerial / Director / higher capacity for at least 5 years)
5. Assistant Manager for Materials Management – location: Taguig; must be coming from food/ restaurant or food manufacturing industry; at least 5 to 7 years industry experience with at least 3 years management experience in ALL of the following: procurement, logistics, warehouse operations/management; must be Asst. Manager or Manager currently
6. Product Manager – location: Taguig; must be a college graduate; must be coming from the Restaurant / Fast Food industry (at least 2-3 years); must come from large enterprises only; must have 3 years in Product Management with at least 1 year in the same capacity; exceptional skill in the following: defining and launching products, conducting market and product research, conducting competitor analysis, developing marketing plans to promote new and existing products; must be willing to travel
7. Restaurant Managers – location: multiple; must be a college graduate; must be coming from the Restaurant / Fast Food / Café industry (at least 3 years); already as Restaurant Manager; locations: Makati City, Quezon City, Las Piñas City, Pampanga, Cavite, Bulacan, Baguio City
Sales & Marketing Requirements
1. Sales & Training Officers (Beauty and Personal care industry) – must be degree holders (college grad); fresh grads are ok; must have good English communication skills and good looks
2. Business Development Officer (Beauty and Personal care industry) – must not have job-hopping background (must be less than 2 companies in last 4 years); at least 3-5 years working experience; 3 vacancies
3. Regional Sales Manager (Construction products) – location: North Luzon; must know Ilocano (preferred), Pangasinense, or other northern dialects; not more than 45 years old, at least 5 years experience handling sales for construction products (cement, piping, etc.)
4. Marketing Manager (Manufacturing industry) – location: Parañaque; 5 years working experience as Marketing Manager or higher (lateral only); candidate must have acquired experience from construction or manufacturing (any except PVC pipe manufacturing) companies
HR & Admin Requirements
1. Recruitment and Employment Manager – location: Taguig; at least 12 years in recruitment with the last 3-4 years in managerial capacity or higher (not just supervisory); MUST come from Restaurant or Retail industries only; must have managed a recruitment team of 3 or more levels (associate, officer, assistant manager) of subordinates
2. Senior HR Manager for OD and Labor Relations – location: Quezon City (Eastwood); at least 8 years Managerial experience, with solid exposure to Labor Relations and Organizational Development; law degree (LLB) holders will be given a huge advantage; willing to work on a shifting schedule
3. Senior HR Business Partner – location: Quezon City (Eastwood); must have at least 8 years experience as HR Business Partner; must have extensive exposure in the Call Center industry; willing to work on a shifting schedule
IF QUALIFIED, PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO email@example.com. Happy Job Hunting!:)
Labels: Jobs for YOU
One fine day, Hubby and I decided to get some fresh air so we headed to Marikina Riverbanks Center. Since it was already past 12 noon when we got to the place, we decided to have an "ihaw-ihaw" lunch at the so-called FOOD STATION.
Just a quick note, FOOD STATION is a dining area at Riverbanks comprised of various stalls offering fresh seafood and meat that could either be grilled upon order or cooked on the spot as the main ingredient of savory soup-based dish such as sinigang.
It was not really our first time to dine at the Riverbanks Food Station. We have known this place years back when it was still located at the other side of the river. In order to get there, we had to cross the river by means of a floating bridge. However, the station was severely affected by heavy floods in 2009, no thanks to typhoon Ondoy that mercilessly devastated the whole of Marikina City. All stalls were inevitable closed, temporary though as the station was eventually rebuilt at its present, and relatively safer, area.
Anyway, pre and post Ondoy, we have always been loyal to a certain stall named "Simply Lang, Ilonggo's Grill", owned and operated by a family friend.:)
OK, BACK TO OUR LUNCH DATE. :)
Here are photos of what we happily consumed that day.
Here are photos of what we happily consumed that day.
Free Sinigang Soup; Green Mango with Bagoong
|Pork Barbecue; Grilled Stuffed Squid with Cheese (Yuuuuuuummm!!!); 2 cups of Rice|
|Grilled Pork Belly with Salt and Pepper; Soy sauce with Chili and Calamansi|
|ADDITIONAL ORDER: 2 more cups of Rice!:)|
And oh, the damage our lunch has done to our pockets? With the affordable prices, we hardly felt any "pain" haha. Rather, I think it was my tummy that became painful a bit due to fullness.:)
Aside from good food, Riverbanks Food Station also offers a serene view of nature that makes dining even more pleasurable.
Now who could resist that?:)
HOW TO GET TO MARIKINA RIVERBANKS:
1. From Cubao, take the Jeepney or FX going to SSS, Fortune, Parang, Calumpang, and San Mateo.
2. From Cubao, one may also take the LRT and get off at Katipunan station and ride the Jeepney or FX taking the aforementioned routes.
3. From UP, Tandang Sora and Commonwelath, take the Jeepney going to Katipunan and get off at the corner of Aurora Blvd. Ride the Jeepney or FX taking the aforementioned routes.
Labels: Tastebud Delight (FOOD and MORE)