<b>Beyond Pink Stripes</b>

Random musings, stories, snapshots, and reviews from the "little" girl with several abandoned blogs who suddenly finds herself inspired to scribble once again after coming into her senses and realizing that there's more to LIFE than PINK STRIPES.☺

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Eating on A Shoestring Budget: Taipei Edition

When in another country, I could skip shopping for clothes or souvenir items, but definitely not eating!:)

Sharing with you photos of some cheap "tastebud delights" which I have tried in Taipei 2 years ago.  I bet these could make one "burp" even on a shoestring budget. 

Oyster Omelette at Shilin Night Market.
Thanks to our Taiwanese pal MICHELLE for  accompanying us.
Price: NT$ 50 
Ice cream! Big big serving!
I couldn't really tell its flavor  but it's sweet
and it had a  sherbet like consistency yummmm!
Not even the freezing air could stop me from eating this.
See my cropped happy face?:)
Price: NT$ 10 only:)
Some sort of que-kiam at Shilin Night Market as well.
Again, thanks MICHELLE!:D
Price: NT$ 50
Grilled Corn with Spices. A bit Mexican to me.
If I remember it right, this costs under NT$20.
Deep Fried Chicken Cutlet. Hot and spicy.
Another street food that's big in serving.
Eaten with rice, it's filling enough to serve as lunch, or dinner perhaps.
As snack, I  surmise that this could be good for 2 people
whose appetite's not big as mine haha.
Price: NT$ 20

But no, I did not have the guts to try STINKY TOFU (fried or grilled tofu with a, well, stinky odor due to fermentation, hence the name haha) The Boyfie then Hubby now tried one and he loved it! However, he wasn't able to take a picture because he was busy devouring it and teasing me at the same time to have a taste of it.

Now I'm getting hungry reminiscing those above and all that I have eaten in Taipei. I'm outta here.^^
----------
Have you tried any, or even localized version, of the dishes above? How did you find it?

2 comments:

  1. Too bad you didn't try stinky tofu!:) For me it's actually not stinky, very delicious indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Readers' insights are greatly appreciated. Please do leave a comment or two. Thank you!:)

For utmost convenience, you may comment using the NAME/URL option and use your FACEBOOK URL if you don't have any website/blog.:D